Sunday, July 30, 2006

Red Square

Greetings from Red Square. I made it in a little late yesterday due to some airline delays. I met a cool guy on the plane who writes for the times. I'm gonna meet up with him later this week for a beer. I had dinner with my friends Elena and Masha last night at Cafe Pushkin. The food was great, very traditional Russian. I had beef stroganoff some bready rolls stuffed with cabbage and a fantastic bottle of poully fume. They took me to a happening nightclub after dinner. Good Times. My hotel is very nice and across the street from the Bolshoi Ballet and Red Square. The dining room is this massive Shining like ballroom complete with jazz quartet playing for no one. spooky. It is a bit on the pricey side but for my first 2 nights here...I'll be roughing it most of the trip. I slept in today and am off now to go explore. More later. -

-dylan

The weather is amazing. I had to wear a jacket last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home